It's summer and I'm not always home recording music. I spend time with my family, friends and my band, Trauma Field. I still try to manage get the songs ready in time.
Here's a list of some of the things I should do:
- Make two songs out of thin air / use some old ideas and tweak 'em to two new songs.
- Re-record the song ideas
- Edit & mix all the four songs
- Listen to all the songs in different places with different speaker setups
- Ask some semi-pro if the mixes work
- Tweak the mixes if there's something wrong until they're 100% ready
- Make the album cover art or ask someone to make it
- Publish the EP on SoundCloud, BandCamp, ReverbNation, YouTube etc.
- Advertise it
Oh my, that's a lot of work!