June 30, 2014

Symphonic rock EP is well under way!

Symphonic music has always been close to my heart. I very much enjoy the elements in orchestral pieces: the piano and synth along with the strings create magnificent atmospheres - songs larger than life.  

Project Oblivion became to be the name of this solo project along with the very first solo album, also called "Project Oblivion". The album is a seven piece sci-fi story with orchestral elements dominating through the record: the strings, the piano, brass and timpani drums. Band instruments had only a small part in the process in the end. The nature of the score / album is rather peaceful yet very intense and atmospheric. The album resembles a soundtrack as you can step into the story that lies within the music. 

My next project is going to be a bit different. It'll be more like a normal metal album. My goal is to finish four or five songs before the end of August. I have yet to decide which songs will get to the EP though I have song or two that are definitely going to be there. The process is well under way and everything is starting to come together. 

So what kind of music will there be? At the moment, I'm into instrumental music. This doesn't mean the whole EP will be instrumental. I've been thinking of featuring my mates to sing or play on few songs but this idea is still on the drawing board. I do have the resources, so if I need some specific vocals or insane guitar solos I know the people and just who to call. 

Anyways.. The EP will be a mixture of metal-ish symphonic rock with bombastic sounds and epic songs. Though it will probably be an instrumental, there will be a bit of background choirs that I'll be singing myself. There would probably be much more singing on the album if I was better at writing lyrics. I'm a bit lazy when it comes to lyric writer. I should definitely fix that..  

More updates will follow about the project later! You can follow the progress of the EP on my Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/antero_jokinen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join to the mailing list: